2/2: Bon voyage!



Today is the day! I’m a weird mix of nervous/excited/completely unable to imagine what I’m about to get myself into for the next 10 days, so it’s kind of all I can do to remain calm and make sure I actually end up on the plane before I worry about the campaigning.

Despite my many and numbered accomplishments/good qualities, organization is not one of them, so right away my day started off panicked. Through the stress and 1001+ things to do the day of the flight, I managed not only to forget my coat at home, but to remember it the SECOND we pulled into our parking spot at Tampa International. So instead of relaxing with a pre-flight coffee, we had a somewhat Fast and Furious style drive home filled with hyperventilation and anxiety. Thankfully I did end up recovering the truant jacket, and despite the firm words had with it before heading back to the airport, we continued our airport journey relatively unscathed and met up with the class.

Sitting in the smokers’ prison at the airport, I decided to practice campaigning by asking the other cage dwellers if they’d heard of Andrew Yang. Neither had. Seems like he has a bit more PR to do in Florida with our primary only one month away and voters not even knowing his name.

Our plane ride was far from peaceful- between babies crying, passengers bickering in front of me, my own stress about the trip, and apparently a child vomiting, I don’t think anyone had a particularly relaxing trip there. We were grateful, however, for the pilot addressing our class over the intercom and wishing us safe travels, even if she did sound a little confused while she was doing it!

I did find myself looking suspiciously around the cabin at the other passengers around me after reading this strange, vaguely threatening advertisement in Delta's in-flight magazine.


This aggressive Dunkin' Donuts mug told me right away that we were in Boston.

We arrived in Boston to find mild weather and beautiful scenery on our drive to Merrimack. I can’t wait to see how this trip turns out.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2/3 First Day on the Phones

2/4 & 2/5: Trips to the State House, Executive Council, & Milford Town Hall

2/7: Debate Visibility at Saint Anselm's